Everyday Low Price
- Brand: Mayco Bisque by the Each
- Product Code: MB1418-E
- Availability: In Stock
MB1418 - Dancing Vase in Ceramic Cone 04 Bisque by Mayco Colors
All of our bisque is fired to a cone 04 and is ready to paint.
6 H x 7.75 W
This item is unpainted.
You are purchasing an unfinished, Ready to Paint, Piece of Ceramic Pottery
- MB-1418 Dancing Vase
- SC-12 Moody Blue, SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-16 Cotton Tail, SC-30 Blue Dawn, SC-76 Cara-bein Blue, FN-019 Dark Blue, S- 2101 Clear Glaze
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, CB-106 #6 Script Liner, BT- 910 Synthetic Sponge
- Banding wheel
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some FN-019 Dark Blue into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it (about 3 parts glaze and 1 part water). It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the vase and roll around to completely coat the interior of the vase. Drain out the excess glaze and keep the vase inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Center vase on a banding wheel or a turntable. To glaze without a banding wheel, pencil sections for glaze placement. Using the CB-604 #4 Fan Brush, start at the top and apply SC-12 Moody Blue. Apply color approximately 2 inches down from the top in a circular fashion.
- Load the same brush with SC-76 Cara-bein Blue and overlap the Moody Blue by a 1/2 inch, continuing in a circular fashion. Continue to band approximately 2 inches down.
- Using the Fan Brush, start at the bottom of the vase and band with SC-16 Cotton Tail for a few few inches. Add SC-30 Blue Dawn to the brush to continue to band towards the top. Keep the Blue Dawn mixed with the Cotton Tail for a light blue, then use only the SC-30 Blue Dawn in the brush for the middle section of the vase.
- Always overlap colors so the fade can be gradual. Apply 3-4 coats.
- Use CB-106 Script Liner to apply glaze to the arms. Use the color that matches the adjoining area on the body of the vase.
- Using the Fan Brush Add SC-15 Tuxedo to the SC-12 Moody Blue to band the inside of the neck of the vase.
- Apply one coat of S-2101 Clear Glaze using CB-604 #4 Fan Brush to the vase.
- Stilt and fire to cone 05/06.