- Brand: Mayco Bisque by the Each
- Product Code: MB1491-E
- Availability: In Stock
MB1491 Faceted Fox in Ready to Paint, Cone 04 Ceramic Bisque
All of our bisque is fired to a cone 04 and is ready to paint.
9.5 T x 5.5 W
This item is unpainted.
You are purchasing an unfinished, Ready to Paint, Piece of Ceramic Pottery
- MB-1491 Faceted Fox
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- SG-401 Black Designer Liner
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Blue Shop Paper Towel
- 2" Foam Roller
1. Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Wet a blue shop towel, squeeze out the excess water and lay flat on a surface. Squeeze SC-16 Cotton Tail in wavy lines on the paper; fill in with a few SC-75 Orange-A-Peel. Fold the paper towel in half then unfold. Take another damp shop towel and place it over the glaze from the first towel to pick up the paint.
3. Lay the towel with the glaze over the body of the fox, roll over the top of the paper towel with a foam roller or pat with a dry sponge to transfer the color to the bisque.
4. Remove the paper towel and use a dry foam roller to roll over the color to remove the top layer of color.
5. Repeat to finish the rest of the fox. Let dry.
6. Outline the facets with SG-401 Black Designer Liner. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the legs and nose.
7. Use the Liner with Tuxedo to outline the eye and paint the pupil.
8. Dip into NT-CLR or use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of S-2101 Clear.
9. Fire to cone 05/06.