BLACK - 16 oz Duncan E-Z Stroke Under-Glaze
- Brand: Duncan-2
- Product Code: EZ037-16oz
- Availability: In Stock
Duncan E-Z Stroke Under-Glaze
EZ037 BLACK Translucent Underglaze By Duncan
Achieving the perfect look is easy with Duncan® E-Z Stroke® Translucent Underglazes! Their intense pigment allows for high definition and decoration on your pieces. Create a watercolor effect with one simple stroke or add shading and depth with additional strokes.
E-Z Stroke Underglazes are ideal for airbrushing, antiquing and brushwork. They can be applied directly to greenware or bisque and layered over most underglazes, allowing the basecoat to show through. They’re safe for serving food when coated with a Duncan food-safe clear glaze.
How to use Duncan® E-Z Stroke® Translucent Underglazes
1. Apply 1 coat for translucent designs to greenware, unfired glaze, soft-fired bisque or cone 04 bisque.
2. For rich depth and shading, apply additional coats.
3. Fire to shelf cone 04.
4. Apply Clear Glaze, stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.
5. Water clean-up.
Tips & Techniques
1. E-Z Stroke® Underglazes may be applied over most underglazes, including Cover-Coat® and other E-Z Stroke® colors, allowing the base color to show through.
2. E-Z Stroke® Underglazes work well with high fire, cone 5-6 and some to cone 10. As high results vary, we recommend firing a test piece.
3. For majolica, apply E-Z Stroke® design work over unfired White Satin glaze.
4. As a pure pigment-based paint, E-Z Stroke® Underglazes are the simplest form of fired color. You can use E-Z Stroke® Underglazes just like watercolors, in layers of transparent/translucent, bold, pure color. And, just like watercolors, you can inter-mix all the E-Z Stroke® colors. Just as for typical watercolors, these paints must be mixed with water to be applied properly to greenware or soft fired bisque for the best application. E-Z Stroke® Underglazes are very fragile unfired, because when the water dries out of the pigment there are no binders holding it in place. E-Z Stroke® Underglazes fires into the ware at an 04 or hotter cone, although most of the pigments will hold true up to a cone 10. This broad firing range allows artists to use E-Z Stroke® Underglazes on almost all clay bodies
5. E-Z Stroke® Underglazes are perfect for airbrushing.
6. Use E-Z Stroke® Underglazes to tint clay slip, most glazes, fired Snow and other E-Z Stroke® colors.
7. High definition and detail can be achieved by adding water to E-Z Stroke® color and using a very fine brush.