Dee John - 8 oz Mayco Sroke & Coat
- Brand: Mayco Specials
- Product Code: SC-84-8oz-Special
- Availability: In Stock
SC-84 Dee John Stroke N Coat by Mayco Colors
The Creative Choice
Stroke & Coat® (The Wonderglaze) is the industry’s most versatile product. It can be applied to wet clay, earthenware bisque or stoneware bisque, fired from cone 06 to cone 10, in oxidation or reduction and used in every decorative way imaginable. Stroke & Coat® can be the star or play a supporting role in endless glaze combinations. It is the ideal product of choice for the studio, classroom, potter, and fine artist.
One coat will create a translucent finish with subsequent coats increasing opacity. We suggest 2-3 coats for opacity and all over coverage. Let dry between coats. Stroke & Coat® glazes will fire to a gloss finish without clear glaze. However, if desired, a clear glaze may be added. For application to clay, we recommend leaving an area unglazed, such as the back or bottom of the ware, to allow for out-gassing of the clay during the firing process. Stroke & Coat® glazes have been formulated to mature at shelf cone 06/05. Most Stroke & Coat® glazes will maintain their color at higher temperatures, especially reds, oranges, yellows, greens and blues. Their performance changes at cone 6 is noted on each individual product label. We recommend testing prior to use. For more information on mid-range performance,
- SC-13 Grapel and SC-33 Fruit of the Vine are formulated with Chrome-tin pigments and can be sensitive to non-toxic clear glazes. We recommend prior testing and light application of the clear glaze to avoid milkiness. These colors will not fade when used with Mayco’s NT-CLR glaze.
- SC-70 Pink-a-Dot is more translucent than other Stroke & Coat® glazes. Additional coats may be necessary to achieve opacity.
- Stroke & Coat® glazes do not move or blend when used with other glazes. You can apply side-by-side or layer without losing integrity of design.
- Can be applied with a brush, sponge, detailer bottle, mats or stamps