Door Knob Box
- Brand: Mayco Specials
- Product Code: MB1433-E-Special
- Availability: In Stock
MB1433 Door Knob Box in ready to paint, cone 04 ceramic bisque by Mayco
All of our bisque is fired to a cone 04 and is ready to paint.
8.5 L x 3.25 W x 2.25 H
This item is unpainted.
You are purchasing an unfinished, Ready to Paint, Piece of Ceramic Potter
- MB-1433 Door Knob Box
- SS-45 Buttermilk
- SS-57 Accent Green
- SS-212 Light Umber
- MM-105 Gold Metallic
- MM-106 Steel Metallic
- MM-202 Green Patina
- MM-305 Rapid Rust
- AC-501 Gloss Brush on Sealer
- ST-127 Crackle Stamp
- AB-834 Base coat Brush
- CB-106 Soft Fan
- CB-604 Soft Fan
Note: Magic Metallics are acrylic based, so do not use the same brushes used for glaze. Also, AC-525 Brush Cleaner keeps the brushed in good shape. Tip: Apply a little AC-525 Brush Cleaner to the brush bristles and leave in, then use the Magic Metallics. It helps clean the brushes.
- Sponge on a stick or foam roller
- MM-600 spritzer caps
- AC-222 Md. Writer Tip Bottle
- Download: MB1433 Pattern
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using the AB-834 Base coat Brush and CB-106 Script Liner Brush apply two cots of SS-45 Buttermilk to the top inset area of the lid.
- Using the AB-834 Base coat Brush and CB-106 Script Liner Brush apply two coats of SS-57 Accent Green to the box bottom half (inside and out), knob and edge of the lid.
- Cut out the pattern of the anchor, trace around with pencil on the lid.
- The metallic colors need to be mixed well. Suggestion: Pour the product into another container to mix, pour back excess product into the bottle. Brush the knob with two coats of MM-105 Gold Metallic, with a CB-106 Soft Fan.
- Using the same CB-106 Soft Fan brush apply one light coat of MM-105 over the rest of the lid over the SS-45 Buttermilk. While the MM-105 Gold Metallic is still wet spray liberally with MM-202 Green Patina.
- Brush on two coats of MM-106 Steel Metallic to the anchor, use a CB-404 Round. Spray with MM-202 Green Patina while wet. Note: for the metal to patina it must be applied when wet or damp. If applied too lightly, the metal may not patina.
- Using the CB-604 Soft Fan brush apply two liberal coats of MM-106 Steel Metallic over the box bottom. Heavily spray MM-305 Rapid Rust on top of the Steel Metallic after each coat. Re-apply another coat if it is not rusty enough.
- If the knob and edges of the box turn too green, re-apply with a dry brush one coat of the MM-105 Gold Metallic. Allow some of the Patina green to show through.
- Tap with a sponge on a stick or use a foam roller to apply SS-212 Light Umber on the ST-127 Crackle Stamp, stamp to the box lid.
- Brush on one coat of AC-501 Gloss Sealer to inside of the box.