Garden Mushroom - case of 2
- Brand: Mayco Bisque - Case
- Product Code: MB1419-C-2
- Availability: In Stock
MB1419 - 8 Inch Garden Mushroom in Ceramic Cone 04 Bisque by Mayco Colors
Case of 2
|8.25 T x 7.5 W
This item is unpainted.
You are purchasing an unfinished, Ready to Paint, Piece of Ceramic Pottery
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Using CB-110 Liner to apply lines of thinned SC-34 Down to Earth to the (gills) lines under the mushroom tops.
3. Trace the windows to the mushrooms using AC-230 Clay Carbon and a pencil.
4. Apply 1 thinned coat of SC-54 Vanilla Dip over the gills under the mushroom tops with CB-604 Soft Fan and CB-406 Pointed Round. To the stems excluding the windows apply 3 coats of SC-54 Vanilla Dip. With each coat, pick up some SC-92 Café Ole on the corner of the brush and wet blend the darker color next to the mushroom gills and base of the mushroom. This color should fade out down and over the gills, darken in the crevice of the stem/gills and fading down about 1” toward the base of the stem. The darker color should fade upward from the bottom of the stem up about 1” as well. With each coat of Vanilla Dip, wet blend some of the Café Ole to the same areas to insure the color is blended well.
5. Retrace the doors, awning and windows back onto the ware with the Clay Carbon and pencil.
6. Starting with SC-5 Tiger Tail to paint in a wash of color around the window trims, the awning and to the doors using CB-406 Pointed Round or CB-220 Detail Liner. Paint in the grain detail to the doors and window trim with SC-25 Crackerjack Brown. Detail the wood with SC-14 Java Bean using CB-110 Liner. Accent the Java Bean with SC-34 Down to Earth around the door and window trim. Paint in the window muttons with SC-14 Java Bean and outlined with SC-34 Down to Earth using CB-110 Liner. Tip CB-406 Pointed Round with SC-24 Dandelion to shade the window panes next to the trim and muttons. Accent the Dandelion with SC-88 TuTu Tango ever so lightly to give a warm glow to the lighting.
7. Using a lightly dampened Silk Decorating Sponge to stipple some SC-7 Leaping Lizard to the shrubbery and vines next to the doors and windows. Accent the green with SC-39 Army Surplus.
8. To paint in the flowers on the larger mushroom use SG-408 Orange to dot in clusters of dots to make the flowers. For the smaller mushroom’s vine, use dots of SC-13 Grapel and SG-410 Bright Blue for the flowers. Detail the vine stems with thinned SC-14 Java Bean and SC-25 Crackerjack Brown.
9. Mark off the top of the mushroom with a pencil. Apply 3 coats of FN-225 Watermelon to the tops of the mushrooms using CB-604 Soft Fan. Apply 2 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing to the gills and stems of the mushrooms using CB-604 Soft Fan. Apply one thinned coat of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing to the top of the mushroom over the Watermelon glaze.
10. If need be, redraw with a pencil where the top of the mushroom painted in red ends and where the gills begin. Using CB-604 Soft Fan to apply 3 coats of SG-202 White Cobblestone to the tops of the mushrooms over the watermelon glaze area. The larger mushroom has 4 coats of Cobblestone to produce a larger breakup of the product. After the first coat of Cobblestone has lost its sheen and turned matte, you can apply the next coat. Do not let the cobblestone glaze completely dry before applying the next coat. Once the 3-4 coats of Cobblestone glaze has lost its sheen and turn matte, apply 1 coat of SC-16 Cottontail over the cobblestone glaze. Condition the CB-604 Soft Fan with AC-525 Brush Cleaner prior to apply the wax resist. When the Cottontail has dried somewhat and lost its sheen, apply 1 coat of AC-302 Wax Resist over the cobblestone glazed areas. The application of the wax aids in the transportation of the piece prior to firing.
11. Stilt and Fire both pieces to Shelf Cone 05-06. Due to the application of the Wax Resist there will be a smoking burn off of the product. Allow extra venting time during the firing process until there is no sign of smoke fumes.
- MB-1119 8" Garden Mushroom
- MB-1120 6" Garden Mushroom
- FN-225 Watermelon
- SC-5 Tiger Tail
- SC-7 Leapin' Lizard
- SC-13 Grapel
- SC-14 Java Bean
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-24 Dandelion
- SC-25 Crackerjack Brown
- SC-34 Down To Earth
- SC-39 Army Surplus
- SC-54 Vanilla Dip
- SC-88 Tu Tu Tango
- SC-92 Cafe Ole
- SG-202 White Cobblestone
- SG-408 Orange Designer Liner
- SG-410 Bright Blue Designer Liner
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-220 #2/0 Detail Liner
- CB-406 #6 Pointed Round
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge